Practical resources for Speech and Language Therapy
I love using books in therapy sessions with my clients and I’m sure you do too. Using books provides an endless array of content on which to build your therapy. Having a structure on which to build this therapy makes your life easier.
That is why we have developed our Blanks Questions series.
Marion Blank devised a four-level system of questioning for oral language development aimed at children in the early years. She acknowledged the importance of keeping questions within a child’s level of understanding so that while they can be challenged they are not overwhelmed.
Blank’s questions are a list of different types of questions, from easy to more difficult, which help children’s learning by encouraging them to:
• Observe and discuss objects and events that go on in the world around them
• Classify and categorise objects or events (e.g. banana/apple/pear = fruit)
• Think about and talk about why events happened
• Problem solve difficult situations and possible solutions
• Make deductions or inferences
Don’t have the book?
Grab it from Bookdepository here
Grab it from Amazon AU here
Let’s stay connected – Follow us for news on new products: