On the road contains everything you need to build a town play scene.
What you get
This pack contains:
* A range of roads, transport, shops, people and houses to build a scene to support many situations.
* Sentence starter supports
* Following instruction suggestion cards and blank set to make your own
* Narrative support visuals
I suggest laminating for future multi-use. I stick velcro ‘hook’ dots on the back to ‘stick’ to the flooring.
Ideas for use
* I love using a play scene in conjunction with books in therapy. The scene adds another dimension to the activity, providing something tangible for the child to build on knowledge. Stories can acted out.
One of my favourite books is Trashy Town by Andrea Zimmerman
* Following instructions – give instructions for students to ‘drive’ to different parts of town. The options of transport, people and houses allow for keyword options to increase complexity.
*Storytelling Use the scene to support narrative production